Table of Contents
The first product on our list is Lifetime 71525.
It is one of the best products of Lifetime company for in-ground hoops. Lifetime 71524 and 71525 have all similar features and specs, but Lifetime 71524 is ‘portable,’ and Lifetime 71525 is ‘in-ground’ so we will discuss Lifetime 71525.
It has a polycarbonate backboard of 54x33x1 inch square, which is shatterproof and has an excellent professional look. It has a warranty of 5 years by the manufacturer. It can be easily adjusted from 7.5 feet to 10 feet due to the great Power Lift height adjustment mechanism.
This power lift mechanism is easy to use, and even kids can adjust it for themselves. It does not have an increment value for adjustment. You can change anywhere between the limits.
It weighs 87.4 lbs, which is much less than its portable twin the Lifetime 71524, which stands at 107 pounds. The rim is Orange Slam It Pro, which has an arena-style brace (wraparound), and it supports the solid steel ring of almost 0.625 inches and can take a slam.
It can bear all kinds of harsh weather, having fade-resistant graphics and an all-weather net. It is an excellent choice for you to buy if you are searching for an in-ground hoop with an optimum size backboard for beginners. Well, it is suitable for experts as well.
- Its height can be adjusted with quite an ease
- This hoop is great for beginners
- It has no increments for height adjustment
- Its rim is designed by advance technology for safe and secure dunking
- Its backboard system is excellent
- The adjustment mechanism can cause a little instability
- It has anchor bolt mounting that provides excellent strength
- It can be unscrewed and relocated
- It is quite durable
- It has protective padding on pole and backboard
Setting it up can be difficult if you don’t purchase a professional assembly.
Next, we have the NBA In-Ground System by Spalding.
This hoop has the backboard made up of tempered glass with 60″ x 34″ dimensions. The board is protected with a steel frame at sides with aluminum trim. This steel frame enables the backboard to withstand all kinds of extreme weather. The rebound from the board is exceptional due to rigidity, and additional weight, and the backboard gives a hell of a professional look.
For height adjustment, this hoop uses a U-lift system. You can adjust height anywhere between 7.5 feet and 10 feet. Adjusting the height is a bit difficult to use. Kids may not be able to change.
This hoop has a Pro-image breakaway rim that is quite durable and can withstand competitive play. The backboard is 2 feet offset from the pole, which allows you to have plenty of room under the basket without crashing into the pole.
The square pole is 4″x4″ and is sturdy. The stable adjustment mechanism and the pole combined help increase its stability and restrict rattling on the pole.
It is a cheap option if we consider a 60-inch backboard made with tempered glass. It’s almost at the same level as a professional one with just a little less dimension. If you want to spend money and not regret it, this is one option to go for.
- It is quite inexpensive
- It is quite stable and does not rattle due to heavyweight on pole and adjustment system
- It has a great professional look
- The 2 feet backboard offset from the pole allows to practice and play under the basket
- The installation is quite difficult
- The height adjustment mechanism is challenging to use for kids
Lifetime is here with another amazing product, the Lifetime 71799.
This one has a fifty-inch steel framed polycarbonate backboard that is shatterproof and has a great professional look and feel. The board also has a UV coating that protects it from yellowing and to resist fading of colors with time; it uses screen printed inks. It is also padded for safety. The build is rugged, and even if we don’t care much for it, nothing happens to it.
It has an Action Grip height adjustment system, which provides easy adjustment. You can even adjust with one hand. You can change the height between 7.5 feet and 10 feet like the most height-adjustable products. The height increments are 6 inches.
It has classical styled, spring-back Slam-It Rim, having an all-weather net that is quite durable. The steel frame and pole are safeguarded with a powder coat that keeps the rust away and withstands all conditions.
This hoop is definitely worth the money. You can mind the polycarbonate backboard if you are used to the tempered glass backboards. But you should give it a try.
- Its height adjustments are very easy due to the one-handed grip action adjusting mechanism
- The backboard is quite durable
- The rim’s compression springs allow dunk to be safe
- It is quite inexpensive
The support system can be improved
Next, we have again from Lifetime—the Lifetime 71281.
This amazing hoop has a shatterproof backboard of 52 inches made of polycarbonate surface, which provides excellent strength and durability. It also has a five-year manufacturer warranty, like many of the hoops on this list.
The pole is in a 3-piece form of 3.5-inch diameter and has a friction weld joint that protects from unwanted movements. The hoop is protected by powder-coated steel and UV protection. It’s also weather-resistant and does not decolorize or fall victim to rust.
The rim is Slam It with a nylon net that can withstand all weathers. Slam on it, and it won’t break.
It has a Power Lift height adjustment system like other amazing Lifetime products. The height can be adjusted from 7.5 to 10 feet in infinite increments.
From top to bottom, everything is optimal, go for it if you want a lifetime product by Lifetime.
- The friction weld joint on the pole does not allow unwanted movement
- It has UV protected and powder-coated steel that makes it quite durable
- The net is all-weather durable
Assembly directions are difficult to follow
Next, we have Lifetime 90020.
This hoop from Lifetime has a Shatterproof Fusion backboard of dimensions 48″x30″x2″. This backboard size is smaller than the normal professional size of backboards, which is 72 inches. The Makralon playing surface gives a great glass look due to the fade-resistant graphics. The frame is padded for safety.
The height can be varied from 7.5 to 10 feet by the Action grip adjustment mechanism. The height can be easily adjusted by one hand in increments of six inches.
18”, Slam-It rim is made of a solid steel ring of 5/8 inch. It has half-inch steel braces and double compression springs that allow you to dunk without any fear. The all-weather net of nylon makes it optimal to play outdoor or indoor wherever you install it.
Now we come to the pole. The black pole is 3.5 inches made of steel with the powder coating of rust-resistant material. Poles have padding around them as well to ensure safety everywhere on the hoop. The hoop can rattle after long three-pointers due to not so high stability. But the stability is great, in the price it is offered.
This is a great hoop for kids who play casually or beginners. It may not be so sturdy for extreme or highly professional play.
- This hoop is inexpensive.
- It has safety padding on backboard frame and pole
- The 22 inches offset from the pole is great for safe play under the basket.
- The height can be adjusted according to the need
Stability and sturdiness can be an issue.
This Goalrilla GLR GS54 hoop has a tempered glass backboard of dimensions 54″ W x 34″ H. The backboard provides ultimate performance and strength against shattering due to tempered glass and is of the same material used in professional, college and high school basketball.
This hoop has a pro-style breakaway rim that flexes under pressure, thus absorbs the shocks of dunking. The height can be adjusted between 7.5 and 10 feet by the crank actuator.
The single-piece steel pole is powder-coated that provides excellent protection against rust. Being a single piece makes it more stable. It is also resistant to fading due to the UV protection
This in-ground hoop has a concrete anchor system like other Goalrilla hoops with the option of unbolting and relocating easily in case of changing homes.
Having a limited lifetime warranty, you can get a part changed in case of damage. This hoop is a fantastic choice for everyone, as it is one hell of a sturdy hoop, and will last you for years. It’s also available with big backboard sizes like 60 inches or 72 inches.
- Its anchor system provides the option to unbolt and move easily
- The backboard is quite tough and durable
- The pole is one piece and is highly stable
- It has rebar rods to make the support system sturdy
- It is great for people having a small driveway
- It does not have padding for the backboard and pole. You have to buy it separately
This amazing hoop by Pro Dunk, the Pro Dunk Gold, has a high-performance backboard of 60-inch width, which is shatterproof. This backboard is a half-inch thick. It’s quite durable as it is tempered glass. It provides you a full-on NBA gym experience.
The height is adjustable by a powerful lift assist system. The height adjustment can be made easier with a turn of a handle between a big range of 5 feet to 10 feet. The height adjustment does not have any increments making infinite possibilities of adjustment.
It has a heavy-duty rim with a dual spring back mechanism that delivers great play. The pole is a single-piece rigid 6-inch square one which is highly durable and stable.
The backboard, pole, and the gusset is completely padded for your safety and the equipment safety from external elements like extreme weather. All the equipment is protected from rust due to stainless steel hardware and zinc galvanization of the system.
This hoop is made of the highest quality materials with a limited lifetime warranty that makes it a worthy choice for buying.
- It has rust armor package for durability and protection against rust
- It’s completely covered for protection against wear and tear
- It’s highly stable due to huge pole circumference
- The materials used on this hoop are of the highest quality and gives high performance
- The assembly is a bit difficult due to its huge weight. You may need extra hands for assembling if you are doing yourself
- It’s a bit expensive
This amazing product from Lifetime, the Lifetime 1084 has a Shatterproof fusion backboard made up of polycarbonate having dimensions 50″W x 30″H. This backboard is very resilient to competitive and rough play. It gives a great professional glass look.
This hoop features 18″ orange Slam-It rim made of 5.8-inch solid steel and a half-inch steel brace. It has compression springs as well to dampen the force of the player dunking. Having an all-weather net, this hoop is functional in every weather.
The height adjustment mechanism is the Action Grip one. Height can be adjusted in six-inch increments from 7.5 feet to 10 feet. This mechanism is easy to operate with just one hand.
The 3-piece pole is a 3.5-inch round made of steel powder-coated to protect it from rust. Pole has a cap above so that rainwater cannot go in.
The graphics are fade resistant so that they can go a long time having the same great look. Having a five-year warranty, you can get any part replaced if it shows any damage, which is highly unlikely.
This hoop is excellent and durable, not so expensive, and great for all kinds of play. It’s a very great choice for you to have in your backyard. My recommendation is that you should give this one a try.
- This hoop is very easy to fix
- It is quite inexpensive
- The rim can really take a slam
- Height adjuster is quite easy to use
- It is quite durable
This hoop’s backboard is not so thick
Lastly, we have Goalrilla FT series.
The backboard is made of tempered glass having the dimensions 54″ x 38″. Thickness is almost 3/8 inches. It is highly durable due to tempered glass as we know tempered glass is nearly ten times stronger than ordinary glass. The backboard has a clear view, and excellent rebound hence gives a professional look. The backboard framing is black anodized, and the durability of this anodized aluminum keeps the goal in good looks even after years.
It features a Pro-Style breakaway rim that can withstand highly competitive play involving intense dunking. It flexes under pressure minimizing the force of the player to keep him safe.
Its height can also be adjusted like all other products from 7.5 feet to 10 feet using a crank actuator. The actuation time is faster, with fewer cranks. It has an in-ground concrete anchor system for great strength that also gives the freedom to unbolt and relocate when wanted. The rebar steel rods reinforce concrete for better strength.
This hoop follows three-point technology for uncompromising strength.
- One-piece central pole’s foundational strength mounted to concrete anchor in the ground.
- Dual extension arms permit the internal mounting of board arms for extra stability.
- Increased rigidity due to the Triple-Joint connection making full area contact.
If you want a hoop that can handle everyday play without any damage, you can count on the Goalrilla FT series. It’s available in different backboard sizes like 54″,60″,72″.
- It has anchor bolt mounting system also giving you the option to unbolt and relocate
- The height can be adjusted easily by the crank actuator
- The stability and strength are great due to concrete fixing reinforced with steel
- It can easily withstand impacts from highly competitive plays
- It requires great manpower to fix, and its expert assembly is quite expensive
There are a few tips for you before you buy in-ground hoops. Just go from them one time so that you can have an idea of what is best to buy.
- The backboard size and material are significant. Go for a size of 50 to 60 inches width as they are best for in-ground hoops. For material, try to get a tempered glass or polycarbonate one.
- Try finding the hoop which has padding all over its pole and backboard. You can also buy padding separately. It is for your safety.
- While buying, try to choose the product with the pole of optimal diameter, and it should not rattle upon every dunk.
- For rim, see what they have done to make it durable and choose accordingly.
- You should try to buy while remaining inside your budget. Some brands are way more expensive than others, even if the features are not so different from the economical one. But go for the highest quality materials if money is not an issue for you. It will last for many years.
- You should also have the idea of your yard space, and your decision should be according to that.
- Consider all the technical details before buying. Do not see and just buy. Research thoroughly and then purchase.