Best Poolside Basketball Hoops 2021
Basketball is such a versatile game that people belonging to every age group can enjoy it. The enjoyment reaches new levels when you play basketball at a pool with your family and friends. Many well-known companies make best Poolside basketball hoops specifically to play at a pool—it is an enjoyable recreation, especially in summers. Kids love a pool, and they love basketball. You can imagine what they will feel when they get both of them together. Nowadays, where everyone is glued to their laptops, internet, and mobile. This type of activity is best to promote physical exercise in children and for yourself.
Here I have assembled a list of top 10 best poolside basketball hoops that you can get to play in a pool. You should go through the list thoroughly and decide which hoop suits you according to your pool and your budget. I have prepared this list after proper research and experience with poolside basketball hoops.
Table of Contents
First on our list is Lifetime 1306. It is a height-adjustable Poolside Basketball System with a shatterproof fusion backboard of 44 inches and with a polycarbonate playing surface. The backboard frame is made of polyethylene and is also unbreakable and gives an excellent professional glass look. The product comes with a five-year limited warranty.
It has a telescoping mechanism that adjusts the height between 4 feet to 6.5 feet in six-inch increments for height adjustment. It is quite easy to use. It does not have a specialized rim; instead, a classic rim is installed that gives an impressive look. The rim has a solid steel ring of 5/8th of an inch, made strong by the half-inch braces. An all-weather nylon net is also installed.
The pole is round, made of steel, and is in two pieces. It is powder-coated to make it weather resistant. It is also UV protected and made rust-resistant as it will face continuous water. It has a 27-Gallon base, portable and can be filled with sand or water to increase its stability.
All graphics are screen printed with UV protected inks to withstand all harsh elements. All materials are made so that they can withstand all the harsh weather conditions and the chlorinated swimming pool water. This feature makes it one of the best choices for pools. It can also be used at other places as the base is portable and is on the ground. It’s not like those poolside hoops that float on water or need to be fixed on the pool’s side.
- This hoop is height adjustable.
- It has fade-resistant and UV resistant graphics.
- It has a portable base of 27-gallon cap[acity that can be filled with sand or water
- You may need to coat it with protective spray as it can rust after a few months of continuous use.
Next on our list is Poolmaster 72783 Pro. This basketball hoop is specially designed for poolside play and is a very great choice to buy under $100 range if you want to get a hoop for your pool. It has a hard body backboard, which is 34 inches wide and 25 inches high. All the materials used are very durable.
Its Polyphone game base Is to be filled with water or stand for stability at the poolside. Filling it with sand is better than water. The rim is of 14-inch diameter and having an all-weather handwoven net, which is quite strong. The rim is rust-resistant that protects it from damaging against splashes of water and outdoor conditions. This hoop comes with a basketball in the package and also an inflation needle.
You should give this hoop a try as it does not take much space. You can get this hope in different styles like the NBA, Los Angeles Lakers, etc. You will not regret going for it.
- This hoop is quite easy to assemble.
- It does not require much space.
- It has durable materials and rust-resistant rim.
- It is quite lightweight and is safe to play for younger children.
- It decals can peel over time.
This fantastic basketball hoop is specially designed for playing at a pool. It has a backboard of 44-inch width and 32-inch height that is optimum for poolside play as it gives more area for balls to hit and re-bounce.
It has an impressive design for its base that balances the weight away from the pool area. Weight is put on the back of the hoop for stability, away from the pool edge.
It has a metal rim and a heavy-duty net that is quite durable. The rim is above the pool’s side, so that falls fall in the pool after dunking. It comes with a regulation size game ball. It also has a height-adjustable system for adjusting height according to the need.
It can develop mainly in the areas where there is a weld. Using a protected spray on the rim and other parts can avoid the rust from starting early.
This hoop is worth a try due to its unique design. It gives the freedom to adjust the height and is of mid-range priced. Rust can be an issue in the long term, but it is quite enjoyable otherwise.
- It has a wide backboard.
- It is height adjustable.
- The ball given in the package is ready to play and of regulation size.
- It has an angled base to put the weight that is away from the pool edge.
- The rim and the net overhang on the pool save the frustration of repeatedly getting out of the pool.
- Rest can develop at its weld points.
GoSports Splash Hoop 360 is a specific basketball hoop that has high-quality PVC piping as the base. Not a backboard basketball hoop type; it is the one floating on water. This hoop can withstand turbulent water without losing its balance and tipping over. This feature makes it ideal for rambunctious players.
It has a sturdy frame that ensures fun and enjoyment in the pool. This hoop can be assembled in a matter of seconds and does not require any special tools. The whole model is just 19-inches wide and 21-inches tall. It is different from the vinyl playsets as they need to be inflated, and as time passes, they go on deflating. This product does not require inflating.
This product comes with two water basketballs and a ball pump in the package to give you everything required to play in a single place. You should go for it because of its innovative design, sturdy frame, and stable base.
- From pre-teens to adults, everyone can enjoy with this hoop.
- It is quite durable and has a sturdy frame.
- Its base is stable on the water.
- It is quite easy to assemble and does not require any special tools.
- This hoop is not a slam dunk type.
Next, we have Swimline Giant Shootball. This hoop has a unique design like the GoSports Splash Hoop 360 without any backboard. It is designed for kids to play pool basketball and enjoy themselves. This hoop is inflatable, and the size is 45-inch tall and 36-inch wide.
This hoop comes with multi ports for multiple shooters. This hoop is made of heavy gauge vinyl that is inflated to get the action started. The product also has a basketball with it, so you do not have to buy it separately.
This basketball hoop is a giant one as you can get the idea from the product’s dimensions. So we can say you get to have enormous fun with this enormous hoop. It floats on water and has a full 360-degree shooting coverage giving the player the liberty to shoot from any side.
Any age people can use this hoop, but kids can really enjoy it as it does not have any sharp or hard corners, just inflated vinyl that makes it safe. It isn’t expensive as well, so you should give it a try if you want to go for a backboard less hoop.
- It is a simple inflating hoop that floats on water.
- It gives 360 degrees f4reedom to shoot.
- It has a considerable size that makes it more fun and more comfortable to shoot balls.
- It is very durable.
- It does not have a backboard for rebounds.
This basketball hoop has a hard body backboard of 34″ wide x 25.5″ high, which is suitable to play in all kinds of weather and catches most of the balls. Its low height hoop with no height-adjustable option. The backboard has an attractive graphic on it that looks pleasing to the eyes.
It has a polyfoam base that can be filled with either sand or water for stability. It becomes quite stable after adding sand or water. The base sits right at the poolside. The rim attached is of 14 inches diameter, made of PVC, and an all-weather net is present and capable of performing in all kinds of conditions.
A basketball and an inflation needle are also included in the product, so you do not have to buy a ball separately. The product’s overall size, including the base, becomes 34″ wide x 45″ high x 38″ deep. There is no need to worry about rusting as all parts are of plastic, which makes it a bit less durable, but it will surely last a long time for light play.
Its recommended for ages eight or older so you should go for it if you have a child older than eight years or you and your family want to enjoy yourselves.
- Its installation is quite easy.
- It can hold well in all kins of external conditions.
- Its instruction manual is quite easy and clear.
- Its base can hold both water and sand for stability.
- It has attractive graphics on the backboard.
- Its height cannot be adjusted.
This hoop by Poolmaster is a combo of basketball and volleyball. It is set at the poolside for basketball and across the pool for volleyball. It has an all-weather hard-body backboard measuring 34″ wide x 25.5″ high. The total size becomes 34″ wide x 45″ high x 18″ deep, including the base.
The basketball game mounts permanently using a 4 inch or wider rail. The volleyball net is 16 feet long with 10 feet side ties and has upright poles to mount permanently on the sides. We will focus on its basketball side of the product as we are reviewing hoops for basketball.
It does not have any moveable parts, so there are no concerning security issues. Having no moveable part and permanent mounting adds to its sturdiness and stability. The product’s complete set includes Basketball backboard, perma- top mounts, hoop, net, volleyball net, inflatable vinyl ball, poles, volleyball perma- top mounts, and deluxe game ball with inflating needle.
This hoop is recommended for age eight or older. It is quite an inexpensive choice for you to try and have fun.
- This hoop is a 2 in 1 combo. You can play volleyball apart from basketball with this product.
- This hoop is quite sturdy and stable due to permanent mounting.
- It has a sturdy backboard that can bear all weather.
- This hoop is Easy to assemble
- This hoop does not offer any height adjustment.
This basketball hoop is a two in one package. Not only can it be used for basketball, but you can also enjoy volleyball. You can easily switch between the two games. This product comes with a basketball, a volleyball, a 24-inch volleyball net, and two basketball bases.
We will mainly discuss its basketball side. It has a water-filled base to provide stability during playing. Every part is made up of plastic, so there is absolutely no worry about rusting.
It’s effortless to assemble. Even a child can do it. You do not need any tool for the assembly. Switching between volleyball and is as easy as it can get. Its multicolored look is pleasant for the eyes.
It is a mini-sized hoop which is best for a casual play. If you want a full-on basketball experience, then this may not be for you. But if you’re going to enjoy yourself with friends, which is why we have pools, you should try this hoop. It will be worth your money as it provides you with the joy of two different games.
- It is a two in one product. You can play basketball as well as volleyball.
- It has water-filled bases for stability.
- It has a pleasant multicolored look.
- No rusting because of plastic parts.
- Rim clips are plastic that is not very strong.
This fantastic poolside basketball hoop allows you to play basketball and volleyball like Swimways 2 in 1, but you can not play both games together. You can get a semi-professional basketball experience with this hoop. It will surely increase your fun in the pool.
This hoop is balanced, safe, and very easy to assemble, and people of all ages can play with it and enjoy it fully. It has a very stable base, which weighs about 115 pounds when filled with water. The hoop can withstand a fair amount of stress and punishment. It has a vinyl-coated stainless steel rim of 13.5 inches diameter equipped with a white all-weather net. The rim stands at a fixed height of 36 inches above the deck.
It has a net of 16 feet span for volleyball, which can be used on a pool of 22 feet width. This product comes with a 3-year warranty. It does not have any sharp edges or corners that can cause injury, making it a safe hoop to play.
This hoop has a reasonable price for a 2 in 1 set. You should give it a try. Its rim and other parts can rust easily, but using a rust-resistant spray can prolong its life. Overall it is a good hoop that does not break easily.
- This hoop has a sturdy backboard that does not give in easily.
- Overall this hoop is quite balanced and safe.
- The base, when filled with water, is very stable.
- It has a fair price and a warranty of three years.
- Its parts can rust easily, but spraying a rust-resistant grease can help.
- It has a stable base that can hold 25 gallons of water.
- The pole is made of high-quality material.
- It is a sturdy and durable hoop for enjoying in the pool.
- Its backboard has arms for extra support.
- It has a big rim of 18 inches in diameter.
- Its set up can be challenging for some people.
- It does not have wheels on the base for easy mobility.
Below are some tips for you that you should keep in mind while buying a poolside basketball hoop.
- As pool are mostly outdoor, so you must consider the durability of the hoop. The hoop will come in contact with water, either indoor or outdoor, so you should go for a product that is rust-resistant and UV resistant. It depends on the materials and coatings on them.
- You should always consider your budget before buying but go for a good product. It is better to wait and save more money to get a better product than waste the savings on a cheap product.
- Consider the size of your pool and age group of people who will play with it before buying and get a product with a reasonable size according to our need.
- Also, consider the portability of the hoop before buying. If you are to play at someone’s pool, you should find a portable one to move it in and out of the pool. Getting an inflatable or floating one is better in that case. But you can get poolside and permanently mounted hoop for a private pool.
So this was the list for the best pool hoops. If you have a pool at your house or have easy access to one, getting a basketball hoop is a good investment if you are interested in the sport. Even if you don’t have an interest, it is still a pretty much fun activity to enjoy with family and friends. Go through the list and get the hoop that suits you the most.